EFFECTIVE: August 2017
We use Google Search Console and Google Analytics to help us improve the Child Life On Call website. These services help us understand how Google crawls, analyses and indexes our website. But we do not collect personal information about you just because you use our website.
We host Child Life On Call Podcast through Libsyn, which provides us a statistical breakdown about the show’s listenership. For example, we know how many times our shows are downloaded, how our listeners are spread geographically, and what technology they use to listen. So when you subscribe or listen to the podcast, this information is included in the statistics Libsyn provides us. None of these statistics include personally identifiable information about our listeners.
We may include podcast reviews we find particularly positive, helpful, or moving in our testimonials. In those cases, we collect a person’s review and username. If your testimonial is chosen for the website, we may ask that you provide a picture to help us feature your remarks.
Subscribers provide us their email addresses. We also ask for, but do not require, your first name. Child Life On Call uses Mail Chimp for distributing our newsletter, and we may measure which newsletter emails are opened in order to track subscriber engagement. This helps us better accommodate your preferences.
POTENTIAL PODCAST GUESTS
If you apply to be a guest on the podcast, we collect your:
- Contact information (city location, email address, name, skype username, and cell phone)
- Family information (number of children, which child’s stories you intend to share)
- Brief description of your story
- Your age
- Optionally, you may provide us with your ethnicity/origin/race information (to help us remain an open, inclusive, and safe space for all caregivers)
The information is for internal use only. We use all of this information to ensure Child Life On Call represents a broad range of parent experiences.
Podcast guests provide Child Life On Call with their stories, social media contacts, and pictures. We use this information to create podcast episodes, show notes pages, and search categories. Occasionally, we may use clips from a guest’s story in order to create the show’s introductory jingle, or to create a thematic compilation of responses. In each case, we only use clips in a manner consistent with the voice and intention of the guest.
Child Life On Call may transcribe or create a blog post of a podcast guest’s episode to create website content, or for a creative endeavor (like a book) consistent with this policy and the purpose of Child Life On Call to provide resources, support and community. If Child Life On Call chooses to use a particular guest’s personal information for creative purposes apart from the podcast, we will seek that guest’s written permission.
MOBILE APP End User Agreement
This Mobile Application End User License Agreement (“Agreement“) is a binding agreement between you (“End User” or “you“) and CHILD LIFE ON CALL, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“Company“). This Agreement governs your use of the Child Life on Call App, (including all related documentation, the “Application“). The Application is licensed, not sold, to you.
BY USING THE APPLICATION, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION.
THE APPLICATION IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT PROVIDE, AND NOTHING ON THIS APPLICATION IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE, MEDICAL ADVICE AND THE COMPANY AND THE APPLICATION DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES. YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDE WITH ANY MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE RELATED QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the Third-Party Materials include content generated by certified child life specialists we partner with to bring you the Content and Services (“Child Life Partners”). Content and Services uploaded by our Child Life Partners and available on the Application include profile information, content, videos, advice, suggestions and other information and content. You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Further, you specifically acknowledge and agree that the information provided by the Child Life Partners is often of a subjective and/or opinion nature, and is intended for informational purposes, but does not constitute health care or medical expertise or advice.
- Section 9.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
CHILD LIFE ON CALL, LLC (“Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Child Life on Call App (the “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
WITH RESPECT TO CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE WHO MAY USE THE APPLICATION WITH THEIR PARENT’S CONSENT, PLEASE SEE BELOW, UNDER CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13, WHICH CONTAINS IMPORTANT NOTICES REGARDING USE OF THE APPLICATION BY CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13. IF WE LEARN WE HAVE COLLECTED OR RECEIVED PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM A CHILD UNDER 13 WITHOUT VERIFICATION OF PARENTAL CONSENT, WE WILL DELETE THAT INFORMATION.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline or otherwise personally identified, and information you provide on your profile (“personal information“); and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including profile information that does not personally identify you,
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, information in profiles you create, and posted and uploaded material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Content you access on the App.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted“) on public areas of the App or websites you access through the App, and record information for your personal tracking and use through our journaling or other features (“Journaled”) (Posted or Journaled information, collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Your Journaled User Contributions are for your personal use and we do not share any Journaled User Contributions in a way that can personally identify you. However, you acknowledge and agree that the App may use word recognition tools to provide automated responses to you related to your Journaled User Contributions. For example, the App may suggest a User consult with a mental health professional in response to a journal entry discussing mental health challenges. However, except for automated tools, we do not review or disclose the content of any User Contributions, Posted or Journaled. We have no liability for any content of any User Contribution and no duty to review, monitor, share or respond to any User Contributions.
Further, despite our efforts to protect your information, and although you may set certain privacy settings for such information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips.
- Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Track hospital/health care facility affiliations.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, facilitating a meeting or appointment with a child life specialist.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent, such as when you choose to share your journal, User Contributions or other details with a third party.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CHILD LIFE ON CALL, LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection. This also includes sharing information to protect the safety of a child, enabling us to take precautions against liability, and sharing information with law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. For example, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Children under the Age of 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA“) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
This section only applies to children under the age of 13.
Information We Collect from Children
The App contains some child-friendly content and features that children can access use many of its features without providing us with personal information. Children are not permitted to register with the App, but they may use the App with a parent’s permission and logged in under a parent’s registration. The App does not intentionally request or gather personal information from children. However, the child’s use of the App under their parent’s registration may enable us to know the child’s identity. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the App. For more information on information we automatically collect, please see above at “Automatic Information Collection.”
We only automatically collect as much information as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not request that children actively provide any personal information to us. Any personal information we about a child, other than automatically collected information, is not collected from the child but is provided voluntary by the parent/registrant.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
[We use the personal information about your child to track his or her performance in games or other activities, solely for the parent’s information and use.]
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by logging into your account.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Occasionally, we host sponsored giveaways. In order to coordinate these giveaways, we may collect contact information (name and email, street address if necessary). Giveaway entrants are usually required to provide their email address as a condition of entering. We may share this email address with the giveaway sponsor.
When you submit your information to Child Life On Call, that information is considered property of Child Life On Call to be used in a manner consistent with this policy. Some of your information may be aggregated with other data to measure website and listener engagement, and subscribership; but, we will not sell your personally identifiable information or use that information in a way inconsistent with this policy.